How Do I Add a Referral?
Patients require referrals to access specialists and consultant physicians for treatment. In most cases referral information must be included alongside private patient accounts and bulk bill/DVA accounts. They must include:
- Relevant clinical information about the patient’s condition for investigation, opinion, treatment, and/or management
- The date of the referral, and
- The signature of the referring practitioner
Referrals do not need to be made out to a specific specialist or consultant physician.
Follow these steps to Add a Referral to a Patient Record:
- Open the Patient Record
- Click Referral
- Click the + icon to open the referral form
- i. Complete the referral form with all the required details (You may also upload a saved PDF, JPEG, or PNG copy of the file under 10mb)
ii. The Referred By field is the referring doctor and is checked against Health Professionals Contact information. If the contact doesn't exist (because the referring doctor has not referred to the practice before) the contact can be created by clicking on the + icon next to the field.
iii. Complete the new contact form with all the required details
iv. Click Save to create the new contact
- Click Save to finish
- The referral will now be visible in the referrals list
- Click Save to apply the changes
- The referral has now been added.
You've completed another MediRecords Tutorial. You should now be able to add a referral to a patient record. If this is not what you're looking for, head back to our knowledge base and search for another article.
For urgent assistance, please contact MediRecords support on 1300 103 903 during business hours.