The Individual Healthcare Identifier (IHI) is a unique identifier assigned to every Australian. The IHI number allows healthcare providers to access an individual's health information from a range of different healthcare providers. This article will show you how to add it in MediRecords
Follow these steps to add IHI (Individual Health Identifier) details:
- Open the Patient Record
- Navigate to the Details tab
- Click Settings
- Navigate to the HEALTH IDENTIFIER section
- Update the form with all the required details.
- Click Save to apply the changes The details has now been updated.
- Once the patient's Individual Health Identifier (IHI) details has updated, Click Validate to validate the patient's Individual Health Identifier (IHI).
When validating IHI is successful means that the system is able to accurately match the patient's IHI with their personal and medical information in the system.