The Audit trail for your practice is located in the More menu, which is the sixth tab in the MediRecords application.
This audit displays the following:
- All updates to patient information
- Change to user status and subscriptions
- All login and logout activity
- For all updates captured you will be able to view previous patient details by clicking the here link
- To quickly access the patients record to which the change was applied to click the patient name hyperlink.
- In the event that a patient record or part of a patient's record e.g. immunisation record is deleted you will have the option to restore as per below:
- Changes to user categories
- Changes to security roles within your practice
- To open the Practice Audit Trail, Click More to reveal a drop-down list, and click Audit.
- By default, the Practice Audit page displays a summary of your (current user) activities in the audit trail.
- Additional users can be added to the view by using the filter and selecting practice audit.
- Date, Time and Description of the event, the Type of category of the event, and the User that performed the action.
- To Filter Events in the Audit Trail, click Filter to reveal a drop-down list, and select a filter under the headings User or Type, or a combination of both. The type of events being displayed in the audit trail will have Tick next to its name.
- To Filter the Audit Trail by Date Range, click Start Date and select the start date. Click End Date and select the end date. Press Enter and system will refine the audit trail to display only events that occurred between the two selected date.
- To Search the Audit Trail, click the Search-box and type in a Keyword from the description. Press Enter and the system will display a list of the closest matches.
- To Print the Audit Trail, click Print to open a print preview.
- To Navigate Between Pages, scroll the bottom of the page, and use the directional arrows and page numbers to navigate the audit trail.
To Print the Audit Trail, click Print to open a print preview.
Check to make sure the page is going to the right printer Destination, select the Layout and Color if required, and click Print.
How do I Audit Invoice and Claiming Activity?
The process that are audited in the account tab in a patients record are -
Hover your mouse over the lock icon located at the end of the grid, for either a quote, invoice, payment or adjustment entry to see the "created by" and last "updated by".
Claiming activity can be audited at each step of the claiming process, by hovering over lock icon for the following
- Unclaimed invoice
- Invoice progress claim
- claim completed this week
You can see the 'created by' and last 'Updated by' details (User and timestamp).
The information shown depends on which stage of the claiming process the invoice or claim is at:
For invoices under the Unclaimed Amount donut:
The "Created By" information is generated by the user who created the invoice with type Medicare/DVA/IMC/PCI, MediRecords will automatically move the invoice to Unclaimed Amount category after saving an invoice.
The "Updated By" information is generated from any changes or modifications made to the invoice by any user before the submitting process has begun.
For invoices under the In Progress donut:
The "Created By" information is generated by the User who created the invoice with type -
MediRecords will automatically move the invoice to unclaimed amount category after saving an invoice.
The 'Updated By' information is generated from any changes or modifications made to the invoice by any user before the submitting process has begun.
For invoices under the Claims Completed this Week donut:
The "Created By" information is based off of the user who clicks on the "Process" button or accepts the claim once its paid by Medicare.
In the case that the practice is configured to automatically process Medicare Claims, automatically processed Medicare Claims will display that they are Created by "Dr MediRecords System"