There are two possible methods that a user can use to create a new pathology request. This can be done through the Quick Action toolbar and also via the Investigations tab found within the Clinical section of a patient's record.
Create Radiology Requests from the Patient Dashboard
- Within the patient record, make sure you are on the Dashboard.
- Click the Radiology Icon to open the Radiology request form.
- A radiology request form will open, allowing you to quickly create a radiology lab request. The lab request will be saved to the patient's Investigation Requests.
Create Radiology Request from the Patient Clinical Tab
- Once you are in the patient record, navigate to the Clinical tab.
- Make sure you are in the Investigations section.
- Make sure you are in the Requests section of Investigations.
- Click New Radiology to open the radiology request form.
- Select the Service Provider, Requester and Billing details. *NOTE: The Service Provider is automatically populated if the person requesting the Investigation Request has selected a default Service Provider.
- You can click Priority to change how important a certain pathology request is.
Definition of priorities based on their immediacy:
Routine - Normal priority
Urgent - Higher priority than Routine
ASAP - Higher priority than Urgent
STAT - Highest possible priority. E.g. an emergency
- Add Due Date and Fax/Contact Number
- Click Order Date to enter the desired information
- Click Order Date to change the order date.
- Click Copies To to send the results to additional users.
- Click the Copy to Patient tick-box to send a copy to the patient.
- Select the tests and clinical information that will be included on the requests.
- Double-click the Test Names to add them to the request form.
- To add a custom test, click Custom Test, type in the Name and press Enter.
- Search or select from the list of Clinical Findings to share the patient's condition with the lab provider.
- If the patient is pregnant, click the Pregnant tick-box, and add the EDC date or LMP date.
- To add a calendar reminder, click the Reminder tick-box and enter the Date.
- Once the form is complete, click Save or Save as Draft to save the request.
- Clicking Save will make the request Outstanding, and Save as Draft, will save the request as Draft.
- After completing and saving the Radiology Request, this will become visible in the Requests grid.
- Draft - This means that the request has not yet been printed. (The user may have created this in advance of the patient appointment, or wasn’t able to finish the form)
- Outstanding - A result for this request has not yet been linked, or the user has not yet updated the status of this request.
- Cancelled - This request is no longer required. The user would like to cancel this request rather than delete it (for auditing purposes). Example: created in error, or patient moved to another doctor.
- On Hold - This request has been suspended. It is still required, but it won’t be able to be filled for some time. Example: patient calls as they are going overseas - provider decides to continue investigation after their return.
- Partially Received - Some results for this request have been received, but further results are expected.
- Fully received - All results expected for this request have been received.