Minor Site ID is essential when claiming through Medicare for BB, DVA, ECLIPSE, and Patient Claims as all billing providers will need to be connected to this ID.
Follow these steps to migrate existing providers to your new Minor Site ID:
- Locate your new Minor Site ID within the MediRecords
- Click More at the top of the page to reveal a drop-down list
- Click Settings
- Click Configuration Settings
- Click the Name of the Practice you are setting up
- Click Claiming- PRODA
- Write down the Location Code (Minor Site ID) or copy it.
- Download the Medicare form for linking provider numbers to a Minor Site ID.
Download the Banking Details Online Claiming form or HW052 from the Department of Human Services website from here.
- Before you fill out the form, remember to write down your Old Minor Site ID and the desired date for the new Minor Site ID to take effect. (see example picture below)
NOTE: Make the Effective Date at least 5 days after you switch over to MediRecords (this will NOT affect patient claims)
11. To locate your old Minor Site ID within Best Practice, click Setup -> Configuration -> Online Claiming
12. To locate your old Minor Site ID within Medical Director / PracSoft, click Setup -> Global Settings -> Bulk Billing
NOTE: The Medicare form only allows for six providers to be migrated. Repeat the above process as many times as required to ensure all your providers are approved to bill through MediRecords
Once the form is processed by Medicare, your providers should be migrated to your new Minor Site ID.
NOTE: Please speak with Medicare directly to confirm your providers have been successfully linked to your new MediRecords Minor Site ID before processing any claims. Any claims submitted prematurely will need to be cancelled and resubmitted.