When an Unclaimed Amounts is highlighted in red in the list, it means that the claim cannot yet be submitted to Medicare. This is typically because the system has detected a problem relating to the patient's Medicare profile, or to do with OPV (Online Patient Verification).
Follow these steps to find out why a claim is unable to be submitted:
- Open the Medicare Claiming dashboard
- Click Accounts at the top of the page
- Click Claiming
- Make sure you are in the "Unclaimed Amount" module
- Navigate to the claim that is highlighted in red
- Hover you mouse over the "i" icon in the Patient column
- When the cursor turns into a Finger Pointer, the reason will pop-out to the side of the icon
Take the necessary steps to resolve the issue, and then resubmit the claim to Medicare.