Bulk Billing means that the practice is only charging patients the amount covered under the Medicare Benefits Scheme (MBS), with no additional fees on top. Practice bulk bill directly to Medicare and rebate claims are paid directly to the practice. Patients must still have a valid Medicare card in order to be eligible to be treated in a bulk billing practice, and the claimed service is recorded against their Medicare record. If a patient does not have a Medicare card, they will have to pay the full amount for the services received.Bulk billing you do not have to pay for your medical service from a health professional. They bill Medicare and Medicare accept the the full payment for the service.
Articles in this section
- Claiming and Invoicing FAQs
- Send Claim with Referral to Medicare
- Locating Claims
- Viewing Payment Reports
- AIR Claiming
- Billing Tutorial - Part 1: Overview
- How to receipt outstanding invoices by payor
- Billing Tutorial - Part 2: Details
- How do I Process an Invoice that is On Hold?