Please follow the below steps to set a priority of an investigation request:
- Within the patient's record, go to the Clinical tab.
- Make sure you are in the Investigations section.
- Make sure you are in the Requests section of Investigations.
- Click New Pathology or New Radiology to open the request form.
- The default Priority will always be Routine. If you wish to change this you can select the drop-down box and the pick to corresponding Priority. If you are unsure which Priority to use, you can hover your mouse over the tooltip found right above the selection box. The tooltip is shown as a lower case 'i' within a circle.
- You have the option to enter a Priority Due Date, Phone Number or Fax Number, however, these are not compulsory fields.
- You are now free to complete the rest of the request to your desired specifications.