How Do I View Patient Investigations and Results?
All pathology and radiology requests and checked results are stored in the patients' clinical records in the Clinical tab for retrieval and review.
- After Opening a Patient Record, click Clinical.
- Click Investigations.
- The Investigations section is split into two Parts: Requests and Results.
- By default, Investigations lands on the Requests section of patient's Investigations summary. The summary displays a list of all investigation requests recorded for that patient. From here, you can quickly review the Date, Test Name, Requester, Urgency and Status of existing requests.
- Click Requests to review created Pathology and Radiology Requests.
- The Results section displays a list of all results that have been received and recorded for that patient. From here, you can quickly review the Date, Test Name, Requester, Reviewing Provider, Checked Date and Status and any outstanding actions that are required.
- To open a preview of a single Result, click the arrow to the right of the checkbox.
- To review the patient's entire results history, click Preview.
- Filter by result type, status and workflow steps by selecting filter and checking which type, status or workflow steps you would like to filter for.
- To send an instant SMS, edit a result, delete a result, add a task, add a clinical action, book an appointment, record INR, record a cervical smear result or print a result select more followed by the action you wish to undertake.
- You may also flag the result by selecting more followed by selecting the patient notified, results checked flag as confidential.
All actions and updates performed from this view are reflected in the standard results view.