Follow these steps to cease a medication before its end date:
- Open the patient record, make sure you are in the Clinical tab.
- Go to Medications in the left hand side panel.
- Click the Tick-box next to name of the medication you wanted to cease.
- Click Cease Rx to reveal a small drop-down form.
- Type in the Date Ceased
- Select the Reason
- If the patient was allergic, click the Add to Allergies tick-box
- Click Cease Rx
The medication has now been ceased and will post on Past Rx Tab, with the status of Ceased