Follow these steps to create a new prescription:
- Inside the patient's record, click on Clinical Tab
- Make sure you are in the "Medications" section.
- Make sure you are in the "Current Rx" section.
- Click New Rx to open the prescription form or use the Quick Prescriptions shortcut.
- Select the medication list; the Product Name list is selected by default.
- Click the list to search by Product Name, Class, Recipe or Combination.
- Click the Search box and type in a Keyword.
- The system will display a list of the closest matches.
- Click the Name of the Product (it will remain highlighted in the list).
- Review the list of prescribing options for the selected product.
- Click on the Tick-box next to the name of the product being prescribed.
- The system will display a list of the PBS Information and the PI (Product Information).
- Click Next to proceed to the second stage of the prescription form.
- Complete the form by selecting the Dose, Frequency, Food and Instruction fields.
- Select the Duration, Start Date and No. of Repeats (optional).
- Click Next to proceed to the final stage of the prescription form.
- Click the Search box to look up the reason for the prescription.
- Type in a Keyword and the system will display a list of the closest matches.
- Select a Reason for Prescription.
- You can use free text to type in a reason if you can't find it in the list.
- Complete the rest of the form with all the required details.
- Click "Prescribe" to reveal a drop-down list.
- Click "Prescribe" to save the prescription and return to the Medications page. Or, click Prescribe and New to save the prescription and begin writing another script. You may also select e-Prescribe and Print if you would like to send the script or token via email or SMS.
The new prescription has now been created.
You may also refer to these related articles below.