Follow these steps to create a new prescription:
- Open the patient record.
- Make sure you are in the "Clinical" tab.
- Make sure you are in the "Medications" section.
- Make sure you are in the "Current Rx" section.
- Click New Rx to open the prescription form or use the Quick Prescriptions shortcut.
- Select the medications list - the Favorites list is selected by default.
- Click the list to search by Product Name, Class, Recipe or Combination.
- Click the Search box and type in a Keyword.
- The system will display a list of the closest matches.
- Click the Name of the Product (it will remain highlighted in the list).
- Review the list of prescribing options for the selected product.
- Click to the Tick-box next to the name of the product being prescribed.
- The system will display a list of the PBS Information and the PI (Product Information).
- Click Next to proceed to second stage of the prescription form.
- Complete the form by selecting the Dose, Frequency, Food and Instruction fields.
- Select the Duration, Start Date and No. of Repeats (optional).
- Click Next to proceed to the final stage of the prescription form.
- Click the Search box to look up the reason for prescription.
- Type in a Keyword and the system will display a list of the closest matches.
- Select a Reason for Prescription.
- You can use free text to type in a reason if you can't it in the list.
- Complete the rest of the form with all the required details.
- Click Prescribe to reveal a drop-down list.
- Click Prescribe to save the prescription and return to the Medications page. Or, click Prescribe and New to save the prescription and begin writing another script. You may also select e-Prescribe and Print if you would like to send the script/ token via email or SMS.
The new prescription has now been created.
You may also refer to these related articles below.