Creating an appointment may appear like a simple task, but the appointment book is the heart of the practice. Knowing how to make an appointment quickly and accurately is essential.
The following article will assist you in the basic steps of creating an appointment along with a few tips when creating an appointment.
This article will assume that you have already set up the appointment book with the correct providers and allocated them sessions - if you need assistance the following article will help set up your appointment book.
How Do I Create an Extra Session?
How Do I Change the Colours on my Appointment Calendar?
Follow these steps to create a new appointment:
NOTE: This guide relates to creating an appointment for an existing patient. If you are making an appointment for a new patient, here to open the related support article for creating an appointment for a new patient.
- Click New Appointment from the appointment book top left, or click the Time slot to open the appointment form
- From the next screen, click Patient Name and type in the first few letters of the patient's name
- The system will display a list of the closest matches for you to select your patient
- Click to select the Patient Name from the list
- Complete the appointment form with all the required details
- Appointment type
- Add any specific patients notes for the patient appointment
- Reminder SMS or Email
- Add a room for a procedure
- Add a procedure Add a Procedure
- Click Save to complete
The new appointment has now been created!