Appointments - New Bookings
In this article, you will learn how to Add New Appointments for Existing Patients and New Patients, and how to set time-slots in the appointment calendar to Unavailable.
Adding a New Appointment for an Existing Patient
To Add a New Appointment, please follow the steps below.
- Click New Appointment to open the appointment form.
Or click the Time-slot where you want to put the appointment.
- The type of patient is "Existing" by default.
MediRecords employs a sophisticated search engine to locate patients. Within the Patients section of MediRecords, you have the capability to conduct searches using any field visible in the patient list grid. This includes the patient's First Name, Last Name, Address, Gender, Date of Birth (DOB), and Age, as well as their Home, Work, or Mobile phone number. In cases where patients have identical names, they can be readily distinguished by their suburb and date of birth.
- Click the Patient Name and complete the appointment with any appointment notes and required fields, then select Save. The appointment will now appear in the appointment calendar for the selected provider.
- To view additional appointment information, move your cursor or pointer key to the desired booking (without clicking) and a pop-up will appear on the screen.
Adding an Appointment for a New Patient
To add a new appointment for a New Patient, follow the steps below.
- Click New Appointment, or click the Time slot where you want to put the appointment. This will open the New Appointment Form.
- Click New to switch to the New Patient Appointment Form.
- In order to create an appointment for a New Patient, the only Patient details that are needed are the patient's First & Last Name, DOB, and Primary Contact number. The other details like Address, Medicare No. etc. can be updated when the patient attends the clinic.
Complete the new appointment form with all the required details, and click Save.
NOTE: The list of available Appointment Types is sourced from your practice's available appointment types. Should you wish to add/edit or remove items on this list, please speak with your practice manager.
NOTE: SMS reminders can be sent instantly or up to 7 days prior to the scheduled appointment. SMS' will only be sent if you have available SMS credit and the patient has a valid mobile contact number listed.
- The appointment for the New Patient will now appear in the appointment calendar for the selected provider. A new Patient Record has also been created. Additional patient details can be added when the patient attends the clinic.
Setting a Time Slot to be Unavailable
To Set a time slot as Unavailable, follow the steps below.
- Click New Appointment, or click the Time slot that you want to set to Unavailable.
- Click Unavailable at the top of the page to switch to the Unavailable form.
- Complete the form with all the required details, and click Save. The time slot for the selected provider will now appear as Unavailable in the appointments calendar with the listed reason for being unavailable clearly displayed.