Creating a new patient view
Any number of new custom views can be created by users within the practice. This can be useful to screen patients based on specific criteria e.g. above a certain age range, date of last appointment. This tutorial will demonstrate this functionality.
1. To begin, click New View to open the create view form. Alternatively, you can also click the Create New View button
2. As a practical example, this is how to create a custom view of "Male Patients, 40 Years or Older".
Click View Name and enter a meaningful name for the view. Click Sharing and select whether or not you want the view to be Private, available to the whole Practice, or to every MediRecords user with Global Contacts. In this case, we will pick Practice.
3. In the first field, you need to select the location of the data you are searching for. In this case we are looking for information from the patient demographics section.
Click the first field, and scroll down to the Patients heading and select Patient. Click the second field and select Gender. Click the third field and select Equals. Click the last field and select Male.
4. To screen for age, we will need to add another search clause - to do so, click And.
5. In the second search clause, follow the same steps as before, however this time, search for the patient's Date of Birth. Click the first field, and scroll down to the Patients heading and select Patient. Click the second field and select DOB (Date of Birth). Click the third field and select On or Before. Click the last field and type or select the Date (40 or more years ago).
This query will now search and display all patient records where gender is indicated as male and the date of birth places them at age 40 and above.
6. Click Save to save the custom View.
7. Once the form has closed, your newly created view will be visible in the list of Saved Views.
You've completed another MediRecords Tutorial. You should now be able to create a patient view. If this is not what you're looking for, head back to our knowledge base and search for another article.
For urgent assistance, please contact MediRecords support on 1300 103 903 during business hours.