Create & Print a New Pathology Request
This article will cover how to create and print a new pathology request within the patient record.
Prior to creating your first pathology request, ensure that your default pathology provider has been set and the correct proforma has been added to your MediRecords account.
To create a pathology request, follow the below steps:
2. Select the Beakers Icon from your Clinical Quick Links:
*NOTE: To confirm you are selecting the correct request type, hover over any of the available quick links for an explanation in the form of a hover-state.
3. Complete the request form as required, including:
- Lab the request will be addressed to e.g Douglas Hanley Moir
- Request By
- Request details
- Clinical Findings/ Reason
- Whether the patient is Fasting or Not Fasting
- Followed by Print
NOTE: As you're completing the request you can also chose to add the request to Today's Notes, whether the request is confidential, billing type and copies to. These options cannot be changed once the request has been completed.
4. Once the form has been completed and Print has been selected, a print preview will appear for you. The default printer settings will mirror your current print settings from your computer. Select the blue print icon to print your request:
5. Provided that Add to Today's Notes was selected when completing the request form, your pathology request will be added to today's consult notes:
You've completed another MediRecords Tutorial. You will now be able create pathology requests from a patient record and print them accordingly. Not what you're looking for? Head back to the support home page.
If you require urgent assistance contact MediRecords Support on 1300 103 903 during business hours or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.