How do I Add a Referral to an Invoice?
Patients require referrals to access specialists and consultant physicians for treatment. In most cases referral information must be included alongside private patient accounts and bulk bill/DVA accounts.
They must include:
- Relevant clinical information about the patient’s condition for investigation, opinion, treatment, and/or management
- The date of the referral, and
- The signature of the referring practitioner
To add a referral to an invoice follow these steps:
- Create an Invoice
- From the referral drop-down list select a referral created from the patient demographic
- If a referral hasn't already been created one can be added by clicking the + icon to right of the field
- Complete the required fields.
- i. The Referred By field is the referring doctor and is checked against Health Professionals Contact information. If the contact doesn't exist (because the referring doctor has not referred to the practice before) the contact can be created by clicking on the + icon next to the field.
ii. Complete the new contact form with all the required details
iii. Click Save to create the new contact
- Only valid referrals will be available from the drop-down list. To be a valid referral the referral must be in-date, and the Referred To and Provider fields must match.
- Once the referral has been selected via the drop-down list it is ready to be submitted alongside the referral details.
You've completed another MediRecords Tutorial. You should now be able to add a referral to an invoice. If this is not what you're looking for, head back to our knowledge base and search for another article.
For urgent assistance, please contact MediRecords support on 1300 103 903 during business hours.