Medicare Same Day Delete
Welcome to the Medicare Same Day Delete Tutorial. This tutorial will demonstrate how to delete a Medicare claim within the rues of Same Day Delete.
- A Medicare claim can only be deleted before 5pm AEST the same day it was submitted.
- If a claim was submitted after 5pm AEST, you have until 5pm AEST the following day to cancel the claim.
Follow the below steps to delete a Medicare claim.
1. Navigate to your In Progress claims screen by selecting Accounts at the top of your MediRecords screen followed by Claiming:
2. Select In Progress:
3. Select the Check-Box to the left of the claim you would like to delete followed by More:
4. Select Cancel Claim from the drop-down list provided:
*NOTE: If you attempt to cancel a claim outside the allowed time frame, the Cancel Medicare Claim option will not appear:
5. The invoices attached to the claim will return to the Unclaimed Amount claiming stage. From here you can choose to change the status of the invoice to deleted, open the invoice(s), or submit as an entirely new claim.
You've completed another MediRecords Tutorial. You will now be able to cancel a Medicare claim using Same Day Delete. If this is not what you're looking for, head back to our knowledge base and search for another article.
For urgent assistance, please contact MediRecords support on 1300 103 903 during business hours.