How to Assign Messages to Patients and Providers
When messages arrive, the system can match them to both the provider, by linking the provider number, and to the patient, by matching patient demographics. If these fields cannot be matched, then the messages remain in the Holding Bay, flagged as "Unallocated".
Unallocated messages cannot be formally actioned until they have been assigned to a patient and provider, however the content can be previewed for the purposes of identifying the appropriate patient or recipient.
1. To assign a message to a Provider and Patient, click the Tick-box next to the name of the message.
2. Click Add Patient and type in a keyword to look-up the patient's name.
3. Click Add Provider and type in a keyword to look-up the provider's name.
4. Once you have selected the Patient and Provider, click Assign.
*NOTE: You can just allocate a message to either the Patient or the Provider, however the message will not be moved to the providers Inbox until it has been allocated to both parties. When a message has been partially assigned to either a patient or a provider, it will be reflected in the Holding Bay.
Once you have clicked Assign, the messages will be flagged as "Allocated", and be removed from the Unallocated list.
5. You can assign all relevant messages to the same patient and provider in bulk by selecting Multiple Tick-boxes adjacent to that particular patient and provider combination. Once you have selected the messages, add the Patient and Provider, and click Assign.
If messages arrive without clear indication of which patient or provider they belong to, the content of the message can be previewed within the grid to assist with matching it to the right patient or provider.
1. To Preview a Message, click the Arrow on right-hand side of the tick-box.
The message will expand in the grid, allowing you preview the content.
2. Click the Arrow again to close the preview.
3. To Place a Message on Hold, click the Tick-box next to the name of the message. Click More to reveal a drop-down list, and click Place on Hold.
If you receive regular messages that are not correctly being matched to a provider, you can assign an alias name to providers so that messages sent that addressee will automatically link to the correct provider in the future.
*NOTE: To create an alias for automatic matching, the provider number in the message must match the provider number of the doctor. If the provider numbers do not match, then the message will have to be manually allocated.
1. To Set a Provider Alias, click the Tick-box next to the name of the message. Click More to reveal a drop-down list, and click Set As Provider Alias.
2. To Manage Existing Aliases, click More to reveal a drop-down list, and click Manage Aliases to open the alias manager.
3. Click Select User and select the name of the user to manage or configure their aliases. There is no limit to the number of aliases that can be assigned to providers.
In addition to assigning Messages to Patient & Providers please click here if you would like to know: How to Open a Preview of a Message
If you need further assistance please contact support on 1300 103 903 or email at email@example.com