When adding Medicare PKI Certificates to MediRecords, there are two options to select from.
You will need to apply to Medicare and obtain the PKI Certificates and passwords. Not that these certificates do not automatically renew, so when these expire, you will need to contact Medicare to renew them.
You will need to advise Medicare via a HW052 form that you are using our Vendor Certificate. MediRecords will take care of upcoming expiries and any other necessary requirements for the certificate.
Option 1 - Uploading your Medicare PKI Certificates
This tutorial will demonstrate how to upload your Medicare Sites Certificates into MediRecords.
- Medicare Certificate files (fac_encrypt.p12 & fac_sign.p12)
- Personal Identification Code (PIC)
*NOTE: If you no longer have access to these certificates, contact Medicare directly on 1800 700 199 and request your PKI certificates to be re-issued.
1. Navigate to More followed by Settings.
2. Select Configuration Settings.
3. Select your Practice Name.
4. Select Claiming.
5. Select PIC and type in your Medicare Personal Identification Code that you would have received as a letter from Medicare.
6. Navigate to P12 Certificate File (encrypt), and click Select File to open a file explorer window.
7. Navigate to the folder where your Medicare certificates are located, and select the file called fac_encrypt.p12 for upload followed by Open.
8. Repeat this process for P12 Certificate File (sign):
9. Once both files have been added, select Upload for each file:
10. If successful, a bar should appear below the file name stating 100%
11. Once you have completed these steps click Save to apply the changes.
12. Once the claiming configuration has been saved, the system will automatically populate the Medicare - Sender field with the sender information, typically displayed in the form of an email address. The Sender information is stored in your Medicare Certificate.
Please ensure you link your provider number to your minor site ID before you start claiming.
Option 2 - Use MediRecords Software PKI Certificates
MediRecords offers the use of our software vendor PKI certificates to save you from applying for or obtaining your practice PKI certificates from Medicare.
NB: Before you follow the steps below, please inform Medicare at onlineclaiming[at]servicesaustralia.gov.au
To utilise our vendor certificates:
1. Click More on the top right of the MediRecords home page
2. Select Settings
3. Select Configuration Settings
4. Select the practice you are configuring
5. Click on Claiming on the left menu
6. Select the checkbox next to Use MediRecords Vendor Certificate
7. Click on Save
Your connection to Medicare has now been established, which means you can perform actions such as OPV checks and IHI validations.
Before you can begin claiming, you must advise Medicare of your change in software. To do this, fill out the HW052 Banking details for online claiming form which links your Minor Customer ID with your provider bank account details. Your Minor ID can be found on the Claiming Configuration screen.
You've completed another MediRecords Tutorial. You will now be able to successfully upload your PKI certificates into MediRecords. If this is not what you're looking for, head back to our knowledge base and search for another article.
For urgent assistance, please contact MediRecords support on 1300 103 903 during business hours.