Creating a New PDF Template
In regards to Letter Templates on MediRecords, you are also able to upload PDF templates for use in your system. To create a new PDF template follow the below steps.
NOTE: Steps 1 - 7 are only required for templates that require information to be automatically added from a patient record e.g Pathology/ Radiology request templates.
1. Open a PAID version of Adobe Acrobat and upload the template you would like to create as a form:
2. Once you have uploaded your template, select Prepare Form. This option will only appear on a PAID version of Adobe Acrobat.
3. Once selected, you will be able to freely edit text fields. To add a new field, select the [T] and drop the text field into the desired space:
4. Double click on the new created text field to reveal this menu:
- General (Required): Use this tab to copy and paste the required mail merge field from your MediRecords letter writer
- Define (Required): the appearance of the text (Font size)
- Position: Text position
- Options (Required): Spell check, multiple lines allowed or not
- Actions: How the field is triggered e.g mouse click
- Format: If the field is for a date, select the date format e.g dd/mm/yy
NOTE: Tabs 7 & 8 are not utilised for these forms
5. Copy a mail merge field from your MediRecords letter writer (This can be done by navigating to your Resources page in MediRecords followed by Letter Templates. Create a new Letter template or edit an existing private letter template to gain access to the MediRecords mail merge fields:
6. Once you have copied your desired mail merge field from MediRecords, return to your Adobe Acrobat form and paste the mail merge field then select Close:
7. Your text field will now populate with the MediRecords mail merge field:
NOTE: Repeat steps as necessary to complete the form. Once form is completed, save the document to your desktop.
8. Navigate to your Letter Templates Menu in Resources (More >Resources >Letter Templates):
9. Within Letter Templates, click on Add PDF Template.
10. Once selected, you will be greeted with a pop up window to fill out. Of particular note is Browse, which will ask you to upload a PDF file from your device.
11. Please ensure the file is both PDF format only and under 10 MB. Click Save when all is filled out.
12. Your PDF template will now be accessible for use in MediRecords.
13. When using the template in the future, ensure it is saved before printing, by selecting file>save.
You've completed another MediRecords Tutorial. You should now be able to create a new PDF template for use. If this is not what you're looking for, head back to our knowledge base and search for another article.
For urgent assistance, please contact MediRecords support on 1300 103 903 during business hours.