How to Create New Outbound correspondence
The Correspondence page in a patient's clinical records displays a summary of all the correspondence recorded for that patient. This includes any written communication about the patient that is sent to, or received from, the patient, treating doctors, specialists, family members or any other person your contact list.
To create new outbound correspondence:
- Open the Patient Record.
- Open the Clinical tab.
- Open the Correspondence section.
- Open the Out section of Correspondence.
- Click New Letter to set the properties of the new letter via the New Letter Popup.
- The New Letter Popup can also be opened using the Quick Link Bar from anywhere within the Clinical Record.
- A small form containing the properties of the letter will open, prompting you to select who the letter is From (you can send on behalf of another user), who it is being sent To (User, Contact or Patient) and the Status (Draft or Final) of the copy. Click the Down Arrow next to the name open the drop-down menus for these fields.
- Enter in the Subject and relevant Comments
- Click Save to open the letter writer
- The letter writer opens on a blank page, however you can select from a number of predefined templates. Click Letter (example) to reveal a drop-down list of templates, and click to select the Type, then the Name of the template. Templates are also available under Care Plan, Billing and Favourites.
- To select a template, click Letter, Care Plan, Billing or Favourites to view the list of templates.
- Compose the letter using the formatting tools at the top of the letter writer.. You can select predefined text formats, align text to either the left or right, or the centre of the page, use bullet points or numbered lists, insert hyperlinks and images, use subscript or superscript, insert tables, view the letter in HTML format and change the font and size of the text.
- The list of available categories for merge fields are available on the left-hand side
- The Snippets tool can be used for inserting commonly used snippets of text into letters, e.g. This letter is private and confidential and should only be viewed by the recipient
- Once the letter is complete, or requires revision, click File to reveal a drop-down list.
- Click Save to return to the properties of the letter.
- Update the properties with all required changes (like converting from Draft to Final)
- Click Save to close the letter and return to the outbound correspondence summary.
The newly created letter will now be visible in the Correspondence summary.
Alternatively, you can record Outgoing messages from your Outbox.
- Open your messaging centre
- Select Outbox
- Click New
- Choose the type of Message
- New Pathology
- New Radiology
- New Correspondence
- New Letter
You've completed another MediRecords Tutorial. If this is not what you're looking for, head back to our knowledge base and search for another article.
For urgent assistance, please contact MediRecords support on 1300 103 903 during business hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org