Updating the Status of a Letter
Outbound Correspondence is saved tagged as either Draft or Final. Letters in draft can be reviewed, edited, deleted, and updated. Once a letter is marked Final it can no longer be edited.
By default all correspondence is labelled as Draft.
To change the status of a letter from Draft to Final while composing a letter:
- Click the New Letter Icon from either the Clinical or Dashboard tab of the patient record.
- Complete the From, To, and Subject details of the New Letter Popup and click Save
to open the letter writer.
*NOTE: At this point the status of the letter is locked to Draft.
- Once the letter is complete, click File to reveal a drop-down list.
- Click Save to return to the properties of the letter.
- Change the Status of the letter from Draft to Final by clicking the drop down menu.
- Click Save to save the Correspondence with the status of Final.
To change the status of a letter that has been marked as Draft:
- Open the Clinical tab.
- Open the Correspondence section.
- Mark the Tick-Box to the left of the letter enabling additional options.
- Click Status to reveal a drop-down list.
- Click Final to change the status of the letter.
You've completed another MediRecords Tutorial. If this is not what you're looking for, head back to our knowledge base and search for another article.
For urgent assistance, please contact MediRecords support on 1300 103 903 during business hours or email email@example.com