Your Secure Messaging Inbox
This inbox is used to receive results for patients, securely contact other providers, and to view scanned documents assigned to you via the Bulk Scan Upload
*NOTE: Inbox is part of the Clinical module and is only visible when you have either a Clinical or an Integrated subscription to MediRecords.
- To open Messaging, click the Mailbox Icon, which is the seventh tab on the MediRecords Application Ribbon.
- The Inbox can also be opened directly from the Home Tab. Click View underneath the Lab Results Counter.
- The Inbox stores all secure messages that have been linked to a patient and allocated to you. Messages will stay in the Inbox until reviewed and then formally closed. Once a message has been checked, it will be stored in Correspondence in patient's clinical record, where it can be retrieved and reviewed at a later date. Once a result is checked it will be stored in Investigations.
- To filter the list of messages, click Filter to reveal a drop-down list, and select a filter under Type, Status, Provider or When. You can select more than one filter; Active filters will have a blue tick.
- To search for a message, click the Search-box and type in a Keyword from the Subject / Request name. Press Enter and system will a list of the closest matches. You can also search using keywords from Patient Name, To and From.
- To link a result message to an existing request that is awaiting results in the patient's clinical record, click Link to Request. The message will expand to display a list of all outstanding requests for the patient.
- Click the Tick-box next to the name of the open request and click Partially Received or Fully Received.
- To open the patient record, click More to reveal a drop-down list, and click Open Patient.
- To create a new patient from the message, click More to reveal a drop-down list, and click Create New Patient to open a new patient form.
- To flag the message as patient notified, click More to reveal a drop-down list, and click Patient Notified.
- To flag a message as confidential, click More to reveal a drop-down list, and click Flag as Confidential.
- To create an activity from the message, click More to reveal a drop-down list, and click Create Activity to open an activity form.
- To print the message, click More to reveal a drop-down list, and click Print to open a print preview.
- To delete the message, click More to reveal a drop-down list, and click Delete to permanently delete the message. Click Yes to acknowledge the message will be deleted.
- To add details of the patient's INR, click INR to open the INR form.
- To add detail of a Pap Smear (cervical smear), click PS to open the cervical smear form. Patient must be listed in MediRecords as female for this option to appear.
- To create a Task regarding a patient, click the Task Icon to open the task form. Click Save when details have been filled.
- To create a Clinical Action regarding the patient (e.g. Recall), click the Clinical Action Icon to open the form. Similar to Tasks, click Save when done.
- To book a new appointment for the patient, click the Calendar icon to open an appointment form.
- To send an SMS to the patient, click the SMS icon to open the SMS On Demand form.