Uploading your Medicare PKI Certificates
This tutorial will demonstrate how to upload your Medicare Sites Certificates into MediRecords.
Please note that these certificates do not automatically renew, so if you receive a letter from Medicare advising that your certificates are due to expire, please contact them to arrange renewal.
- Medicare Certificate files (fac_encrypt.p12 & fac_sign.p12)
- Personal Identification Code (PIC)
*NOTE: If you no longer have access to these certificates, contact Medicare directly on 1800 700 199 and request your PKI certificates to be re-issued.
1. Navigate to More followed by Settings.
2. Select Configuration Settings.
3. Select your Practice Name.
4. Select Claiming.
5. Select PIC and type in your Medicare Personal Identification Code that you would have received as a letter from Medicare.
6. Navigate to P12 Certificate File (encrypt), and click Select File to open a file explorer window.
7. Navigate to the folder where your Medicare certificates are located, and select the file called fac_encrypt.p12 for upload followed by Open.
8. Repeat this process for P12 Certificate File (sign):
9. Once both files have been added, select Upload for each file:
10. If successful, a bar should appear below the file name stating 100%
11. Once you have completed these steps click Save to apply the changes.
12. Once the claiming configuration has been saved, the system will automatically populate the Medicare - Sender field with the sender information, typically displayed in the form of an email address. The Sender information is stored in your Medicare Certificate.
You've completed another MediRecords Tutorial. You will now be able to successfully upload your PKI certificates into MediRecords. If this is not what you're looking for, head back to our knowledge base and search for another article.
For urgent assistance, please contact MediRecords support on 1300 103 903 during business hours.