How to Cancel an Electronic Prescription
With the introduction of E-Prescribing, you now have the ability to cancel e-Scripts that have not yet been dispensed. If you are looking for how to create an electronic Prescription click Here. Cancelling an e-Prescription through MediRecords will override the token the patient already has in their emails and will disable the script from being dispensed. Only the creator of the prescription can cancel the prescription.
You can cancel an e-Prescription two ways:
2. Cease Rx
- Select Patient
- Navigate to Clinical Tab
- Right side panel select Medications
- Select the check box next to the script you wish to cancel.
- Click Cancel at the top of the medication grid.
The status of the script will then display as 'Cancelled' and remain in Current Rx. To remove it from the current Rx, you can select the check box next to the script > More > Remove.
If the patient opens their e-Script from their emails after the medication has been cancelled, they will see this message:
- To cancel the e-Prescription and move it to Past Rx in one motion, you can use the Cease Rx option.
- Select the check box next to the script you wish to cancel
- Select Cease Rx > Select Reason
- Cease Rx.
This will cancel the e-Script as well as ceasing the medication and moving it to Past Rx. If the patient opens their e-Script from their emails after the medication has been cancelled, they will see this message:
If a prescription has already been dispensed by the pharmacy and you try to cancel it within MediRecords, you will see this error message:
If you need further assistance please contact support on 1300 103 903 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org