MediRecords has the ability for Providers to prescribe Rapid Antigen Tests for Covid-19 via e-Prescribing. This will allow the patient to be tested and have proof of their outcome via SMS in a contactless consultation. To follow are the steps to complete this consultation:
*NOTE: Before prescribing, you should ensure that your Prescriber details are configured.
After you select the User Icon in the top right go to Profile > Identifiers and ensure you have entered a Prescriber number.
Creating the Rapid Antigen Test in Drug Recipe
- Click on More.
- Navigate to Resources.
- Click Drugs
- Click Recipes
- Click New Recipe
- Complete the left-hand side of the form (Mandatory fields are highlighted in red)
- Click Ingredient and type in a keyword (first few letters) to reveal a list of the closest matches in a drop-down list. Click to select the name of the ingredient.
- Enter the Strength and Unit and click Add to add the ingredient to the recipe.
- Add additional ingredients by following the same process.
- Click Comments to type a short description or use of the recipe.
- Click Save to complete.
Create the Schedule for Charging Rapid Antigen Tests
- Click More tab and select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Click Accounts
- Click Schedules
- Click New Schedule
- Click Schedule Type
- Click Custom
- Fill in the additional schedule details as required
- Click Save to create the schedule
- The New Custom Schedule has now been created
- You can select the newly created Schedule to add an item to it for billing purposes.
Add custom item to newly created schedule
- Click the tick box next to the Newly Created Schedule
- Click Add Item
- Enter in the item code (this is what you will use when searching this Item when billing)
- Enter in the Fee you wish to charge for this test.
- Enter in a description of the item and Save.
You have now created the custom item for the Antigen Rapid COVID-19 test.
Create an SMS Template for Test Results
- Click More to reveal a drop-down list and click Settings.
- Click SMS Template.
- Click the + symbol.
- Enter a Name for the Template. Next enter the SMS Content and Merge Fields to create an SMS Message.
- Click Save to save the SMS Template.
If the above SMS template was sent to a patient named Paul, regarding his test results, this is how it would translate into an SMS message:
"Good day, Paul. This is to inform you that your Covid-19 Results are already available. Please book an appointment so we could discuss the following results.
You will adjust this example to reflect what you wish to advise the patient you are sending the SMS too.
How To Provide Rapid Antigen Tests via e-Prescribing? Click here.
If you need further assistance please contact support on 1300 103 903 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org