MediRecords has the ability for Providers to prescribe Rapid Antigen Tests for Covid-19 via e-Prescribing. This will allow the patient to be tested and have proof of their outcome via SMS in a contactless consultation. To follow are the steps to complete this consultation:
Before you Begin
Before prescribing, you should ensure that your Prescriber details are configured:
After you select the User Icon in the top right go to Profile > Identifiers and ensure you have entered a Prescriber number.
Creating the Rapid Antigen Test in Drug Recipe
- Click on More.
- Navigate to Resources.
- Click Drugs
- Click Recipes
- Click New Recipe
- Complete the left-hand side of the form (Mandatory fields are highlighted in red)
- Click Ingredient and type in a keyword (first few letters) to reveal a list of the closest matches in a drop-down list. Click to select the name of the ingredient.
- Enter the Strength and Unit, and click Add to add the ingredient to the recipe.
- Add additional ingredients by following the same process.
- Click Comments to type a short description or use of the recipe.
- Click Save to complete.
Create the Schedule for Charging Rapid Antigen Tests
- Click More tab and select Settings from the drop-down menu
- Click Accounts
- Click Schedules
- Click New Schedule
- Click Schedule Type
- Click Custom
- Fill in the additional schedule details as required
- Click Save to create the schedule
- The New Custom Schedule has now been created
- You can select the newly created Schedule to add an item to it for billing purposes.
Add custom item to newly created schedule
- Click the tick box next to the Newly Created Schedule
- Click Add Item
3. Enter in the item code ( this is what you will use when searching this Item when billing)
4. Enter in the Fee you wish to charge for this test
5. Enter in a description of the item and Save
You have now created the custom item for the Antigen Rapid COVID-19 test.
Create an SMS Template for Test Results
- Click More to reveal a drop-down list, and click Settings.
- Click SMS Template.
- Click the + symbol
- Enter a Name for the Template. Next enter the SMS Content and Merge Fields to create an SMS Message.
- Click Save to save the SMS Template.
If the above SMS template was sent to a patient named Paul, regarding his appointment with Dr John Smith, this is how it would translate into an SMS message:
"G'day Paul. This is a reminder that your next appointment at The Medical Practice with Dr John Smith is on 10/11/2015 at 10:15am"
You will adjust this example to reflect what you wish to advise the patient you are sending the SMS too.
How To Provide Rapid Antigen Tests via e-Prescribing? Click here.
If you need further assistance please contact support on 1300 103 903 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org