Once you have switched the Custom Fields feature on, you can begin to add Custom Fields that will display within the "Additional" section of the patient's record. Please see the below steps to add new Custom Fields.
1. Go to More > Settings > Configuration Settings > then click on Custom Fields.
2. In the upper right corner, click on the Create New Field button.
3. Select the desired field type from the options of Text, Number, Date Picker or Checkbox. Which type you choose will determine how it presents in the patient's record, and what type of data it will allow the user to enter.
A Text field will allow for characters and numbers, and will show in the patient's record as a free text box the user can type in to.
A Number field will allow for numbers only to be entered. Up and down arrows will also appear, allowing the user to go up or down in increments of 1.
A Date Picker field will allow the user to enter a date in the format of dd/mm/yyyy. A calendar icon will also allow the user to choose the date via a calendar tool.
A Checkbox field will allow the user to tick (or untick) a box.
4. In the Create New Field window, ensure you have completed any mandatory options denoted with an asterisk (*).
Field Type - this will be pre-selected, or you can change the type if you wish.
Entity - currently, this must be set to Patient^
Field Name - this is the label you wish the field to display with in the patient record.
Field Character Limit - the maximum number of characters the user can type into that field (<100).
Default Field Value - text entered here will pre-populate in the field for the user.
Placeholder - This text will appear in the field in grey, where nothing has yet been entered in the field e.g
Mandatory (On or Off) - will mark the field with a *, and tells the user they must complete that field, before clicking Save.
5. Click Save to save your new field.
The field will now show in the Custom Fields dashboard. Should you need to go back and make changes to a custom field, click the pencil icon.
You may now wish to learn How to use a custom field in a patient's record.
^Initially, Custom Fields will only be available within the Patient Record. As options for customisation expand with future releases, Custom Fields will become part of a premium feature bundle for users who want to harness business-specific data capturing within MediRecords. Pricing will be announced when the full feature is available.