If you are eligible and wish to claim using Bulk Billing Incentives, this article will direct you on how to set your practice to claim them automatically.
NOTE: The selected default item may not be applicable in every claiming scenario, the user may need to remove the default and enter the appropriate item for the actual service performed.
For System Configuration:
1. First, navigate to More then Settings, and click on Configuration Settings.
2. Once here, you must click on the Practice you wish to apply the Bulk Billing Incentives to
3. When you are in the correct Practice, click on Claiming-PRODA and navigate to the bottom of the list.
Tick the check box Enable default Bulk Billing Incentive Item you then need to select which Bulk Billing Incentive Item you want to claim and click Save.
For Provider Configuration:
In the User configuration for the Provider, under the Invoices tab, the Medicare Provider Type must be General .
1. To set this up go to More, Settings, then Subscription Details.
2. Click on Users
3. Tick the box next to the Provider then click on Configure.
4. Go to Invoices then Medicare Provider Type and make sure it is set to General.
For Patient Configuration:
1. Open Patient Record
2. Go to Details then Demographics
NOTE: The Patient's Date of Birth should be within the last 15 years (i.e the Patient is under 15 years old)
3. Or in the Patient Record go to Settings, Pension/HCC then enter card details
To know which Bulk Billing Incentive Item you need to claim click here.
If you are encountering any issues or have questions about eligibility in relation to Bulk Billing Incentives (including Rural) please contact Medicare on 13 21 50