Validating the individual healthcare identifier (the ‘IHI’) and accessing the My Health
Record System possesses a higher level of security than an OPV (Online Patient Verification)
check for Medicare. As such, it is essential that the organisation has the most accurate
and up-to-date patient demographic information, because without that information an
IHI may not be validated.
Patients can call the Healthcare Identifiers Service on 1300 361 457 Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 5 pm AEST to check their details against what they have provided the Practice.
Articles in this section
- Why is my patient's IHI number disappearing?
- IHI Validation Failure: '01439'(Information) No Healthcare individual records have been found'
- IHI – Individual Health Identifier
- Medicare - Patient Verification (OPV & OVV)
- How do I check the OPV status in Patient Details?
- What do I do when an OPV check fails?
- How do I Add Medicare Details?
- How do I Add Private Health Insurance?
- How Do I Add IHI Health IDs?
- How do I Add E-Health Details?