In this article, you will see how Recall and Assignee work in Immunisations. You will be able to schedule when to recall a patient to recieve another immunisation, as well as assign the reminder task to any user.
- Within the patient record, make sure you are in the "Clinical" tab
- Make sure you are in the "Immunisations" section
- Click the New Immunisation to open the immunisation form.
- Click the Name of the Immunisation on the left-hand side
- Click to select the Consent By, Site, Route, Batch No., and Dose
- Click the Recall Reason dropdown to reveal options to choose from. This helps identify patients who are due or overdue for vaccines. It keeps patients up-to-date with recommended vaccines.
Note: When selecting a Recall Reason such as “4mth Immunisation”, the Recall Date would automatically calculate 4 months from the patient’s DOB. This is only relevant for child patients. When an adult patient is selected, the Recall Date is calculated to 4 months from today’s date but can be changed by the user.
- Click on the Assignee drop-down to reveal options to choose from. You can select User or User Group and type in the name of the assignee. Note: If an Assignee is not added to the Immunisation form, no one will be alerted if a patient is due for an immunisation. Assigning recall to a User or User Group must be active
- You can add Comments or any relevant notes and then click Save.