In this article, we will show you the reason why you can't assign a Head of Family.
One of the reasons why you can't assign a head of a family to a child is because the child has been set as head of the family.
If a patient has been assigned as a head of family, MediRecords will not permit the user to add another head of family.
Follow these steps for you to assign a head of family.
- From Patient Record select the Details tab
- Make sure that you're in Demographic section
- Click Family
- Tick the box beside the name of the family member
- Click the hyphen sign to delete the member of the family
- Click OK and make sure to Click Save.
NOTE: When a patient's family member is deleted from their patient record, their relationship is also deleted from other patient records where they were previously listed.
After that, you can assign a Head of Family to a child or other member of the family.
Click the link on How to Make a Family Member as a Head of Family.