Welcome to the MediRecords Expenses tutorial.
Logging your expenses in MediRecords will assist with reconciling your practice's bank balance against outgoing payments.
To add a new expense, first navigate to the expense table by selecting Accounts from the top of your MediRecords screen, followed by Expenses:
This will bring you to your practice's expenses since last reconciliation. To add a new expense select New Expense:
Complete the expense form including:
- Date which will default to 'todays date'
- Payment method
- Expense account - Which account funds will be paid to
- Paid to - Employee or Contact
- Paid from - Account funds will be paid from
- Type of Expense
- GST - If GST is selected, 10% of the total expense will be added on top of the amount entered in the above field
- Description - Optional
Then select Save:
The new expense will now appear in your expenses list:
Your new expense will also appear in your practice's Journal which keeps track of all incoming and outgoing payments in your practice.
You've completed another MediRecords Tutorial. You will now be able to successfully create new expenses for your practice. If this is not what you're looking for, head back to our knowledge base and search for another article.
For urgent assistance, please contact MediRecords support on 1300 103 903 during business hours.